Category Archives: Uncategorized
After graduating from Tulane with a Master’s in Linguistics Rebecca Chilbert ventured off and landed in the small city of Los Andes, Chile. There she practiced her spanish, learned a large amount of Chilenisms, and taught English at a PK-12th grade charter school. During her stay she hiked mountains, cooked fried rice, and was an extra on the Norwegian “Amazing Race,” but after six months it was time for her to return. This time Rebecca landed in a new weird city, THE weird city to be exact: Austin, Texas. Here she substitute taught while investigating pathways to alternative teaching certification. During this foray, Rebecca landed a long term substitute teaching job at a brand new charter school called Austin Achieve. This school values fair education for all, the color purple, and high standards. It was the perfect fit, and to celebrate her happiness Rebecca organized a recycled art project with the founding class.
We’re looking for someone to be the Webmaster for the 2013-2014 school year! As the webmaster, you will be in charge of the CSS Twitter Account, Facebook page, and this blog! If interested please contact Johanna Kester, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Avery Brewton, Abrewton@tulane.edu.
Reminder: There is a scholar group session this Sunday (April 21) from 5-7 in Stibbs (LBC 203). This is our last meeting of the year and it is EXTREMELY important that you attend!
Also, check out these awesome events going on on campus this week!
- Field Day hosted by CACTUS: Friday April 19 from 3-5
- Community Involvement Awards at CPS: Monday April 15 from 4:30-6. (open house begins at 3)
- This week is Human Trafficking Awareness Week. Check out their facebook event for more information.
- Launch Tulane! Speaker Series hosted by the CELT- Tuesday April 16, 6-7:30 in Kendal Cram: The keynote speaker will be Eden Full, a Thiel Fellow who was named one of Forbes’s 30 under 30 in Energy and Ashoka’s Youth Social Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Environmental Education Expo: Wednesday April 17 from 11-1, McAlister Drive
- Service Learning Unconference: Thursday April 18 from 6:30-8 in the Stone Auditorium, Woldenburg Art Center